What the research says about Telehealth
Speech Moves offers person-centred Telehealth services utilising current evidence-based practice.
Telehealth intervention is delivered through a platform called ‘Coviu’. ‘Coviu’ is a safe & secure platform that encrypts all audio and video data, ensuring the call cannot be listened to or recorded. Session lengths are dependent on the client’s needs and goals. Families will need a computer, Ipad or digital device with a reliable internet connection.
Current research supports the many benefits of using Telehealth:
- Telehealth offers families the ability to have more timely, supported and regular access to the Speech Pathologist.
- Telehealth is a great way to engage with shy clients who may be a little anxious, by incorporating their interests and increasing engagement.
- Telehealth services enable access for children living in rural and remote areas.
- Telehealth services allow for the child’s multidisciplinary team to communicate regularly.
- Telehealth services offer a great opportunity to coach families to implement therapy-based activities in the child’s natural environment.
- Telehealth services allow regular speech intervention to continue due to any other unforeseen circumstance.
- Telehealth sessions may incorporate the use of real-time conferencing, telephone, email, apps, instant messenger, photo’s or audio clips.
- Telehealth sessions are often supported by the child’s parent, older sibling or carer to achieve optimal engagement from the child.
Speech Moves supports families to critically analyse situations & technology issues to identify the best fit and use of technology.
Contact us if Telehealth services sound like a good fit for your family.